Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: A Middle Name for Kit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kitswift22007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've narrowed it down to two names and I'm having a really hard time deciding!

    1. Kit Cassidy Kittredge (means clever, or resiliant)
    OR
    Kit Frances Kittredge (means free, or honest)

    What do you think? Cast your votes below....

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 09, 2006 09:33 PM: Message edited by: kitswift22007 ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kit already has a middle name. Her full name is Margaret Mildred Kittredge. If you don't want to use that, though, I would go with Cassidy. good luck deciding!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member *AG4Ever*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Cassidy! But, either way you go it will be a great name! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member chikorita1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2006
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Cassidy as well. Have fun deciding! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    ~Chiko

  5. #5
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about naming her Cassidy Kittridge?

    My Samantha's name is Mary Samantha Parkington. I figured that naming her after her beloved Grandmary was appropriate, and that perhaps them sharing a first name would explain the bond that exists between them.

    You could just name her "Cassidy" (which, BTW, I love), and the Kit works in with her last name just fine.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Patti7106's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2006
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going against the current here but I vote for Frances. It is more in keeping with Kit's time period although I really like the name Cassidy.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're going to change her name from being Margaret Mildred, then I vote for Frances. Cassidy's pretty but not time period relevant.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Margaret Mildred best, but either of your names are nice. I'd probably pick Francis because it makes a more interesting sound; otherwise you have three hard "c" sounds all in a row for her name (with a syllable in-between).

    I'm guessing Cassidy would be an unusual name in 1924-5 (when Kit must have been born) and might very well have a much greater association with Butch Cassidy than it has today, since Westerns were more in vogue. Not that that's a bad thing, but just something you might consider.

  9. #9
    Wickedgood
    Guest Wickedgood's Avatar

    Post

    Kit's original middle name of Mildred sounds the best to me. Probably because it seems so authentic to the time period. My granny grew up in the depression era, and her name is Mavis. It's funny how names go in and out of vogue.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the name Cassidy. I may be dating myself but I was a HUGE Shawn Cassidy fan when I was younger. Saw him in Concert, had the Teen and Tiger Beat posters on the wall~~those are long gone but I do still have his records and even a CD which my hubby despises!!
    Having said that I feel like Francis just sounds more more fitting to me.

    My vote is for Francis!!

    Whatever you chose will be perfect for your doll.

    [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Kristin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •